Stock grades explained
Branded Housewares Graded Stock Refurbishment Reconditioning Standards
Branded Housewares have their own in-house team of qualified electricians and technicians based at the company’s main UK premises. The team is fully trained and qualified to carry out refurbishment work and testing of electrical products to the highest UK standards.
Below you’ll find details of each of the grades of product we offer:
Grade A (green label):
- Complete unit – fully functioning & in perfect working order (with all accessories).
- Quality is indistinguishable from new – no visible signs of use.
- Complete original outer picture box packaging – resealed with most of original inner packaging.
- Complete with original user manual (except graded stamp over warranty and serial number removed).
Grade B (blue label):
- Complete unit – fully functioning and in full working order (complete with most essential accessories).
- Quality as new – may have very slight cosmetic damage such as very small light scratches, slight discolouration or slight staining.
- Complete original picture box packaging – resealed (with some inner packaging missing and/or slight damage to original picture box).
- Complete with either original user manual or photocopy (except graded stamp over warranty and serial number removed).
Grade C (no label):
- Complete unit – tested as working (some accessories missing).
- Quality – evidence of previous use – showing some signs of wear and scratches, discolouration or staining but in working order. May require cleaning.
- Damaged or missing original picture box (often re-boxed).
- Grade C is often refurbished and tested as working by the manufacturer.
- No warranty.
- Note: Branded Housewares sell some grade C products bought in from UK manufacturers but do not refurbish to this standard in-house.
Raw returns (no label):
- Raw used returns are items that high street retailers (eg. Argos, Tesco, Asda etc.) can’t sell for various reasons. This may be because the goods are surplus stock, failed mail order delivery, end of line, discontinued models, 30 day customer returns, unwanted gifts, faulty, parts or accessories missing, manual missing, or damaged boxes and packaging.
- These items are sold as seen at a discounted or bargain price, with a good percentage in working order. We can test as working for a separate charge.
The pricing of each grade reflects its condition.